Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chapter 56 - There's No Place Too Far

 
 
Head to head, he whispers, "Until next time.", with a smile on his face.  "I'll be back before you know it."  Beth looks up at him and tries to smile, but she can't. 

 
 Jon can see the tear in her eye, the tear she tried to hide, the tear she swore she wouldn't cry.  "Hey, what's going on?" He asks her, with his hand under her chin.

Beth slightly shakes her head no, "It's nothing."  Her head rests on his chest.  She's looking at his feet, knowing that they were getting on a plane and leaving her.  "I just hate the separation.  You know that."

"It's just a couple of days."

"I know." she tells him, wanting to stop the tension that's she just started to create.  "I'll go west and I'll be fine.  I'll miss you, that's all. 

He wraps his arms around her and kisses the side of her head, "Are you sure you don't want to go to  Florida?  We can find someplace nice a have some fun in the sun."

Beth wraps her arms around him and says, "No, go help the kids and help Dorothea - they need you right now."

Jon can feel that Beth is holding something back, he can feel that there is something on her mind, "Do you want to tell me what's going on up there in that pretty little head of yours?"  He taps on her head with a finger, "Spit it out, babe.  Tell me what's on your mind?"

Beth knows that she needs to share her concerns with Jon.  The concern with him being back with Dorothea in the worst possible situation for her.  Dot's dad was just that, her dad.  The loss of a parent is one of the toughest things to deal with, and having the man that you love, that loves another woman there might be too much or just what she needs.  "I'm worried how Dot is going to behave, honestly."

"You have nothing to worry about, honey.  She's the secondary reason that I am going."  he kisses her forehead, "Please don't let this consume you."

"I don't trust her." she snaps at him.  "I don't trust her one bit."

Jon takes a step back, "Okay, you don't have to trust her.  You trust me, don't you?"

"With everything that I have."

"Then stop with this worry already.  She can't do anything to us."  He looks her in the eye, "She can't touch us babe."

Beth looks at him and can see that he's quite serious.  "I'm sorry, it's just that whenever she's involved, nothing good ever comes from it."  She takes his hand, "You better get going."

"You too, your commercial flight boards soon." he teases her. 

She stands on her tippy toes and starts to kiss him goodbye.  He wants her closer, so he picks her up and her legs immediately go around his waist.  She locks her feet and holds on tight.  She's right where she wants to be, with the love of her life and the man of her dreams.  And he's leaving to go be with his 'family'.  Beth knows that she has to let him go, Chris has better things to do than sit around and wait for them.  She unlocks her feet and lets them fall to the ground.  Jon eases his hold on her when he knows that she is sure footed on the ground. 

"I'll see you in a couple of days.  Please call me when you land in California so I know you made it okay."

"I'll be fine."

"I know. but please call me when you land."  He hooks the back of her neck and draws her back in. His lips land smack dab in the middle of her forehead, "I love you."

She looks up at him, kisses his lips, "I love you."

"Until next time" he winks at her.

"Until next time." She winks at him and turns to walk away.  "Sunday, we both will be home Sunday, right."

He nods his head yes.  Beth smiles at him, hikes her Prada bag over her shoulder and walks away

2 comments:

  1. Beth may trust Jon but I don't trust Dorothea one bit. Hurry home Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please make this good. Add in some trouble for them. Spice it up a little! he he!

    ReplyDelete