Sunday, December 1, 2013

Chapter 17 - You Can Test My Faith






Knowing what she has to do and knowing the outcome, she can't think of a better time to tell him.  But she's afraid at how he'll handle what she has to say.  He's already down in the dumps, so maybe kicking him while he's down is the best thing to do?  That way they can handle and deal with it all at one time. 


Moving in closer to Jon, he looks at her and gives her his famous wink.  He can see that she has something to say, but he's not sure that he wants to hear it, because of the look on her face.  She puts his hands on her waist and kisses him, ducking under the bill of his hat.  Cars are going by and honking at the public display of affection that they are seeing....too bad they didn't know that it was Jon and Beth. 

He gives her a little laugh and asks her, "Okay, what's on your mind?  Spit it out."

"I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you before now, but the reason that I don't worry about getting pregnant is........."

A car pulls up next to them and asks for directions to the Molly Pritcher, a place that they both were familiar with.  Jon tells them, "Follow this road to the end, turn right and at the funny intersection take another right.  Sets a little off the road, beautiful place, you can't miss it."

The woman in the car says, "Oh my God, you're Jon Bon Jovi."  and she gets out of the car.  "Can I have a picture?"  The passenger asks with a fear in her voice.  Beth steps back and gives the two of them room and the lady didn't want that.  She wanted Jon and Beth in the picture.

Jon looks at Beth, "Are you okay with this?"

Beth nods her head yes and the husband gets out and takes a picture of the three of them.  Jon and Beth are covered in sweat, not the ideal picture but it's always nice to get the unplanned, free picture without all of the fan club hassle.  The passenger hugs them both and says, "Thank you!"

Jon gives that half hearted smile and nods, while Beth remains gracious and says, "you're welcome."  And the fans leaves, after causing quite the stir on the bridge.  Looking around, they see that others have recognized them.  Jon grabs her hand, pulling her back toward the way that they came.

"We gotta go.  We've been spotted."  and they both start to job back to the house.  When they get there, they walk in the front door and Jon grabs them both a bottle of water and they go out into the backyard.  He sits at a patio table and take off his running shoes, and then his socks.  Beth watches him and can see that he's very deep in thought, she can see that he is really out there in the distance.

"Babe." she says.

He looks up at her, '"What?"
 
"What is wrong with you?"
 
He sits back, kicking his feet out in front of him, "Are you going to tell me what you started to when were interrupted?  Are you going to tell me why you don't fear getting pregnant?"  she can see that what he just said makes him mad. 
 
"I don't fear getting pregnant because I started taking birth control after Dalton raped me." she admits, she just puts it out there in a manner that Jon didn't like.
 
"Why would you do that?" he barks at her.  He's Catholic, part of the time - but when it comes to birth control, he's 100% Catholic.  "Why are you putting that shit into your body, Beth?"  He is pissed.
 
"Because it's my body." she snaps.
 
Leaning forward, he asks, "And you didn't think to talk to me about it?  Discuss it with me at all?"
 
"I didn't think that I needed too. It was my decision, my body."
 
"Babies are our decision, aren't they?" his head drops as he's a little baffled by what she must have thought.
 
She stands up and walks to him and sits on his lap.  Both are still a little out of breath, but she manages to say, "It is my decision on whether I want to deal with another loss or not, or to avoid it all together.  I choose to avoid it all together."
 
His arms wrap around her waist, "We can't live in fear like that Beth.  If were meant to have a baby, we need to let it happen.  There is nothing that tells us that it will happen again."
 
"And there's nothing that tells us that it won't."
 
"But we can't be afraid.  You will be a great mother." he squeezes her tight, "We have to have a baby."
 
Beth turns a little on his lap so she's able to put her arms around him.  With her lips on his forehead she tells him, "I have all I need right here.  I have you, Steph, Jesse, Jake and Romeo.  I have my family Jon."

1 comment:

  1. Jon needs to respect Beth's decision to take birth control. It is her body. Not his!

    ReplyDelete