Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Chapter 32 - Home Sweet Home



Being back in New Jersey gave them both a sense of relief, even though they had no idea where Dalton was or what was going on with him.  Jon knows he won't find anything out until morning, so he decides to leave the subject alone. 
 
Once they got unpacked and took care of their travel items, they went down stairs, into Jon's office.  He checked his email while she listened to voicemails, taking notes the entire time.   She thinks to herself, he's been gone for two days, geezzzzz.  When she's finished with his voicemail, she walks over and hands him his messages.  "We were gone two days, 17 messages is a little ridiculous."  She plops down on the corner of the desk.
 
"I had 10 times as many emails and deleted over half, it sucks being so popular." he winks at her and flashes his crooked smile.  "What's on the agenda?"
 
"I don't have anything planned, what do you want to do?" she responds, hoping he wants to do nothing.  "Hey, I want to go with you tomorrow to see Peter, is that all right?"
 
His heart skips a beat.  And his thoughts start to race.  If she goes with him, she'll find out that Dorothea is contesting the divorce.  Now is not the time for her to find that out.   "What for?" was all he could say, that's the only thing that came to mind.
 
"I'd like to see him, plus we can talk to him about Dalton." she replies.
 
"Peter is already working on Dalton, don't worry about that.  Plus, it's just going to be a quick in and out regarding Dot." he tells her, hoping that he's defusing any fire that she has under her ass.  "And anyway, you need to get to work on your vineyard."
 
"I'd still like to go, but okay, I'll stay here."  she turns slightly, putting her feet on the part of the chair that's between Jon's legs.  "When do we get the children back?"
 
Laughing at her, he asks, "Have you looked at your schedule?"
 
Wiggling her toes, her feet slowly move toward his family jewels and he gets jumpy.  "I don't have a schedule while I'm with you."
 
"You should.'
 
"No, I shouldn't.  You have one.  That's all we need."
 
"Using me for my schedule?" he stands up and kisses her.  "I have more to offer you than a schedule."
 
Her arms cross around his neck and she pulls him to her, "Oh yeah, what else do you have?"
 
"Everything I have and  everything I am.  That should be enough." he plays with her.
 
Her lips meet his and she mumbles, "That's all that I have ever wanted."  They kiss for a stolen moment, Jon standing in front of her.
 
"Getting back to your question,  the kids are with Dot until Wednesday."
 
"What are we going to do tonight?"
 
"I vote for nothing.  Let's just watch some TV and relax.  I need a vacation because of our vacation."
 
Standing up she says, "I feel ya."  and she starts to walk toward the doorway, "Do you want to eat now or wait a while?"
 
He catches up with her and together they walk into the living room.  Jon grabs the remote and opens the TV.  As it works it's way up from the floor, he says, "Why don't we just order pizza?"

"I like that idea.  That sounds really good." she sits on the couch, reaching up for his hand.  "Sit with me."

Jon sits on the edge of the couch and leans back on her.  "What do you want on your pizza?"

"You know what I like and what I don't." she mocks him.

"That was over a year ago, Beth.  No new toppings?  Just the same veggies and meat?"

"Yeah, none of that has changed, but we don't need to order just yet, do we?" she places a finger on the dimple in his chin.  He tries to bite it, but she's too quick.
 
"We can wait a while, if you want."  he reaches over and grabs the remote for the TV.  Flipping through channels they sit there together and pick out what movie they wanted to watch.  As soon as the Godfather popped up, the search was over.  Jon was watching his favorite movie.  The laid down on the couch together and started to watch.  Jon was laying behind Beth, holding her with both arms.  One under her head and the other over her waist.  They manage to make it into the movie about 20 minutes before they both fell asleep.  Jon lasted a little longer than Beth did. 

1 comment:

  1. Jon needs to tell Beth about Dorothea contesting the divorce before she finds out on her own.

    ReplyDelete