Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Chapter 26 - I Think That She's Still In My Bed

 
It was the middle of the night when they made it to the vineyard.  Jon had rented a car, so when they landed at the executive airport, they drove straight there. 

Jon had called ahead so everyone knew that they were coming, the house was ready for them.  The staff at the vineyard was exceptional.  Pulling in, Beth seen a sign at the gate, showing that the Bongiovi Vineyard was a proud sponsor and supporter of the March of Dimes and of the Until We Meet Again Foundation.  She looked at Jon and smiled.  And he honestly tells her, “I had nothing to do with that.”   
Once they lugged their bags into the house, Jon called the kitchen and ordered a late snack.  He wanted something light.  They had some bass with fresh asparagus, drizzled with a mild vinaigrette. 
While they ate, they discussed what Beth had planned for the vineyard.  “I have no idea what I want to do, it’s been so long since I’ve been here.” She tells him, as she takes a bite of her bass.  “But I love that someone connected the vineyard with the March of Dimes and our foundation.  That made my heart giggle.”
He smiles at her, because he can see how happy that made her.  He knows that it had to have been Tony that hooked it all up.  He had taken an interest in the foundation and what they could do, so he's kind of just taken it and ran with it.  He and Beth were working together, but he never mentioned the association.  He made her proud.  "I'm sure it was Tony, it had to be.  I just wonder why he kept it a secret from us."  Jon questions.
"He's shy." Is all Beth can give for an explanation.   That's all that fits.  "I just wish he had included me in it." She downs the rest of the wine in her glass.
"Call him tomorrow and chew his ass, until then, do you want more wine?" 
"No, I'm good." she responds, wiping her mouth with her napkin.  "Will you walk with me?" 
"Now?"
Winking at him, "Before we go to bed." 
"I remember the last walk that we took out here." Jon says, looking around the house that they were in almost 2 years ago.  Nothing has changed, and nothing was the same.  "We have been through so much shit since we were here last."  He shakes his head a little as if to show his displeasure with the past. 
"We have been through a lot, but all of that got us here today." She gets up and straddles him on his chair.  "We made it through hell to get here, baby."
"Literally."

Resting her elbow on his shoulder, she runs her fingernails through his hair on the side of his head.  He melts into it.  She kisses his temple and asks, "Do you want to go take a walk?  There is a lot going on out there, there are people everywhere.  The trees are so pretty with all the white lights...."she kisses his lips.  "I own a beautiful vineyard and I want to go walk it."  She starts to get up off of his lap and he stops her.

"You want to walk right now?"

"Yeah, then we can come back and go to bed." she tries to get up again, "Come on."

He lets her up and gets up right behind her, taking her hand, he stops her.  "I want to keep a low profile while we're here, okay?"

She nods, "That's fine.  What did you think I would do?  Call the press?" she jokes with him.

Pulling her into him he says, "I just don't want you out there be-bopping around drawing attention to us.  We are here to rest and spend time together, not dodge the media and fans."

Beth looks at him with a silly look and says, "Yes, Mr. Bon Jovi.  I will be on my best behavior, I promise.  Now, are you ready?"  She takes his hand and drags him to the back door.  The door is opened and the screen door is one that looks vintage and hand made, Beth loves it. 

They walk the grounds and take in the vibe that's in the air.  The bed and breakfast is full and the guests were enjoying all the amenities and the beauty that the vineyard had to offer.  That pleased both of them. 

They found a fallen tree and sat down and watched everyone.  Beth said, "I like that.  Look at them, they all are enjoying themselves.  This place is prettier than I remember."  She takes a deep breath.

Jon wraps his arm around her and agrees, "This place is gorgeous.  I dare say that I like it here better than I do St. Bart's."

"Oh, a new Christmas vacation location?"

"Yeah, probably not." he picks at her.  "The kids probably wouldn't like it."

"Why?"

"What is there for them to do here, Beth?"

Beth looks around and realizes that it isn't very kid friendly, but she could make it that way.  "Why don't we put a pool in by the house and by them  4 wheelers, they would love it out here Jon."

"We could do all of that, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, babe."

"Just tossing ideas out there."  he grabs her and hugs her tight. 

"I'm tired babe.  Can we head back?"  he kisses the back of her head.  "I just want to wrap myself around you and fall asleep."

"Just a few more minutes, please." she leans back on Jon and he locks his hands around her.  He can feel her tension and her stresses leave her body as she leans there and soaks in the fresh hair and the happiness that they are surrounded by. 

When Beth was ready, they went back to the house and went to bed.  They both were exhausted and sleep was a welcome activity to them.  The cuddled all night long and found themselves at peace when they woke in the morning, until Jon cell phone rings.

"Hello."

"Jon?"

"Who is this?  It's 7:am in the morning!" he says with anger in his voice.

"Forgive me sir, my name is Thomas and I'm a reporter for the American Vineyard magazine.  I got word that you were there at the Bongiovi Vineyard, I was wondering if I could come up there and talk to you and Beth about your plans with the vineyard 's and what you have going on."

Jon gets up, grabs his hat, sunglasses and heads outside.  He doesn't want Beth to hear how he's about to tell the guy to leave them alone.  "Thomas, while we appreciate your interest in the vineyard and the fact that you want to do an interview, but Beth and I are her on vacation, and supposed to be under the radar.  How did you hear that we were here?"

"The vineyard manager and I are friends.  She told me that you arrived last night."

Jon starts to walk, in the direction of the offices, looking for the manager.  He walks into the office and asks, "Where's the manager?"  And the sound of his voice doesn't reveal that he's happy that he's there."

"Hold on a moment, Mr. Bon Jovi, "I'll go get her."  The receptionist says as she gets up and walks to an office that's behind her. 

Peeking in the door, Jon can hear the receptionist tell the manager that he was there. He also heard the manager say, "He wants to see me?  OMG, OMG."  And she exits her office and walks into the direction.  She extends her hand and says, "What a pleasure Mr. Bon Jovi, I'm a big fan." 

Jon look at her and says, "Yesterday when I called, I talked to you, YOU, and told you to tell NO ONE that we were coming.  Is that correct?" 

"Yes, sir." her lip is starting to quiver.  No one has ever talked to her like that in her professional career.

"So, can you tell me why I was just called from a reporter and requested an interview?  And might YOU know how he got my phone number?"

The manager stands there, afraid to talk.  So Jon does it for her.

"You told him that we were here and you gave him my private phone number.  Do YOU know what that means?"

"That means that you are fired.  Gather your things and get off the property within the hour.  If you are not gone in an hour, I will have you removed."  He looks at the receptionist, "Watch what she packs."

"Mr. Bon Jovi......." the manager starts to say.  And he quickly stops her.

"You breached our security, you're done.  Get out!"  He turns and leaves, making a phone call to Tony.

"Hey, big bro, what's up?"

"Beth and I are up at the vineyard, can you find me and send me a few security guys?  We're going to be here for a few days."

"Yep, no problem."

"Thanks, I knew I could count on you.  And hey, you might want to call Beth, she needs to talk to you."

"About?"

"That's for her to tell you."

"Okayyyyy"

"I love you man, thanks for your help." 

Jon ends the call and walks to the security office.  "Please be sure that Pam gathers her things and leaves the property.  I just fired her."

"Yes, sir."

He heads back to the love of his life and hopes that she's dressed and ready to start their day.  When he walks into the house, he finds her on the bed, naked.  A rose pedal cover each nipple and she placed a few strategically on her lady part.  He looked at her and he smiles so big, it shown in his eyes.

"You take my breath away!"

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't blame him for firing her & it was a stupid move on her part. I wonder if Beth is going to insist he use a condom since she doesn't really want to get pregnant right now. that will be a mood killer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have fired the manager as well. What she did was not only disrespectful but she went against Jon's wishes. That is a huge mistake.

    ReplyDelete