Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Chapter 92 - You Were Born To Be My Baby, I Was Made To Be Your Dad

 


There is nowhere in the world that Beth would rather be than where she is right now. She is home, with her daughter and her future step children, watching a movie in the great room.

She feels at peace and knows that the road getting her to where she is was tough, but now she might be thinking that maybe it was worth it? She and Jon have never been closer, and as a family she didn't think that th...
e unit could be any more whole. Her business was successful, Jon was planning another tour and the divorce progression was still dragging, but Beth didn't care anymore. She didn't need to be his wife. She was his love and that was enough. Together they have faced many obstacles and there were many times that the each wanted to throw in the towel, but as she looks down at her beautiful daughter she whispers to him, sitting at her side, "It was all worth it." She stretches her neck and kisses him. "She looks just like you."

"I think she looks like you." he says, giving her room to move, she unlatched McKenna and put her on her shoulder to be burped. "She has you lips and nose."

"But she has your mole. That right there makes he a mini you."

The movie that they are watching is just about over, this is one of the last late nights that they have left, school starts in a couple of days and they haven't decided what they wanted to do about that. They have the option of moving into the city, but Beth is fighting Jon on that. She wants to stay in the house on the river; she wants nothing to do with the city at this point.

"When this is over boys, it's time to get ready for bed." Jon reminds the two younger Bongiovi boys. Jake looks back at his dad and gives him a look. Jon smiles at him and tells him, "I just want you to get ready for bed, I didn't say that you had to go to bed, Jake."

"Why do I always have to do everything with him?" he nudges Romeo. In Romeo's eyes, the sun rises and sets on his big brother Jake. Jesse doesn't have time for his baby brother; his concentrations were everywhere else but on his younger siblings. Until it comes to McKenna. In everyone's eyes, the sun does rise and set on McKenna. She was a blessing and everyone knew it and treated her as such.

"Can I help you with anything?" Dani asks Beth. She's in the lazy boy with her legs kicked over the side and her head hanging over the other side, "Do you want me to burp her?" Beth was okay with that idea so she nodded her head yes. Dani went into the bathroom and washed her hand. As she took the baby off of Beth's shoulder, she added, "I'll take her up and change her diaper."

"Thank you. You don't have to do that though, Jon or I can do it."

Dani shakes her head no and says, "I got it, you guys sit here and relax, we'll be right back."

"I'm coming with you." Stephanie says as she hops off the couch and trails after Dani.

The girls disappear and Jon and Beth are alone on the oversized, overstuffed couch. Jesse is in his room; Jacob and Romeo are lying on the floor watching the last couple minutes of a Shrek movie. Jon puts his arm around Beth and asks, "How are you feeling mommy?"

She kisses his lips and mumbles, "There is only one way that I could feel any better than I do right now. All is right in the world of Beth."

"You are unbelievable. You just had major surgery two weeks ago." his lips find her forehead and her hands go up the light blue tshirt that he has on, playing with his chest and belly hair.

"I miss you." Both hands go under the shirt and she rests her head on his chest, "I really miss you."

"We'll get used to it, you have 4 more weeks of missing me, babe."

"Don't remind me." she throws her head back and starts to whine.

Jon takes her hand, "As busy as you've been, the next 4 weeks will fly by and you'll be back to work before you know it."

"I'm not wanting to go back to work, I'm wanting to go back to getting naked with you again." she laughs, pokes him in the belly and wiggles her finger in the top of his pants. "I know its hormones, but baby, I want you."

"Stop. You're driving me crazy." he takes her hand that's in his pants and holds them. "Please."

Beth gets up, "Fine!" she sticks out her pouty lip and says, "I'm getting some juice, do you want anything?"

He looks at her for a moment while he decides what he wants, "Do we have any beer?"

"I think so."

"I'll have a beer." Beth leaves the great room and goes into the kitchen and gets their beverages. When she returns, the younger boys are gone. Jon had sent them up to get ready for bed. Beth plops down next to him and hands him his beer, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Where's my baby?" he asks, with a look of question on his face. A raised brow and a crooked smile, "Should we go check on them?"

"We can. We should make sure that Jake and Romeo are getting ready for bed too." Hand in hand they walk upstairs to check on the children that needed checking on. Jacob and Romeo were in their rooms doing what they needed to do. Romeo was brushing his teeth, so Jon stopped in to give him a hand. Beth walked on to the master suite to find her baby. Dani and Stephanie are in the nursery; McKenna is sleeping in her bassinette.

"We're calling it a night. The boys are ready for bed. Stephanie, when you have had enough or when you go to bed, please send Jakey and Romy to bed."

From behind her she hears, "They're in bed already."

Jon walks up behind her, slides his hands around her waist and kisses her neck, giving her chills. “Mmmm!”

“I’m off to bed. Good night.” Stephanie says as she walks out of the nursery. All three in unison tell her, “G’night Steph.” And the eldest Bongiovi child leaves the nursery.

Jon, nuzzling Beth’s neck tells her, “Go get in the shower. When you’re done, I’ll give you a rubdown.” She looks back at him and doesn’t hesitate, she breaks his hold and runs to the shower. Dani and Jon laugh at her, knowing that she was just acting.

Jon walks up and leans over to kiss his daughter, as she slept but he is cut off by, “What do I need to do to get a rubdown?”

He stops, looks at her and simply states, “You would need to be Beth.” He kisses his daughter as he planned and when she stirs, he sees that as an invitation to pick her up. And he does just that.

“Jon, you know I was only playing, don’t you?”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“I was only playing; I wasn’t coming on to you.”

Jon kind of chuckles and says, “It wouldn’t matter. I have all that I ever want in the beds down the hallway, in the shower and right here in my arms.”

“OK, just forget that I said anything.” She turns to leave, “Have a good night.”

“Watch out for things that go bump in the night.” Referring to her walk out to the mother-in-law apartment.

Dani leaves Jon and McKenna in the nursery. When Jon feels confident that she went out to her place, he heads down with baby in arm to lock up and set the alarm. When his home is secure, he heads back to the master bedroom. Beth is standing there getting her pajamas on, “Is she awake?”

“No.” he smiles with the daddy in trouble smile. “She stirred, so I had to pick her up.”

“You’re going to spoil her.”

“There is no such thing.”

Beth walks up to and kisses both of them, “I love you” kiss, “I love you” kiss, kiss, kiss.

“I was going to ask you if you had room for me in the shower, but she stirred, so I wasn’t able too.”

“I would have told you that I have room for you in more than just the shower.”

“Stop!” he playfully whines at her, “I swear, you’re only with me for my man meat.”

“And your sperm. Look at that kid, she’s perfect.” Beth plays back. When she’s ready for bed, she climbs in and adds, “I’m sure you’ll hold her until she wakes up, so when that happens – wake me, okay.” He sits on the edge of the bed with Kenna in his arms.

“I’ll keep her sleeping as long as I can.” He leans over and kisses her. Good night babe.”

Beth sinks down into the bed and pulls the covers over her head, “Good night.”

Jon takes McKenna into the nursery and rocks her in the chair that he was rocked in when he was born. He can’t take his eyes off of her. She was their miracle baby and she came from the purest of places. She came at a time in their life that was troubled, but she came from a love so deep that neither knew that she was the one thing that saved them. When he looks at her, his heart breaks. But it’s a good break. He loves her so much he could never put it into words; he could never convey what he feels to anyone. She came from the woman of his dreams, the love of his life – how do you explain that. She is by far the most beautiful thing that he has ever seen, heard or touched. He rocked with her for almost an hour before she woke up and wanted her mommy. While trying to quiet her, Beth heard her cry and sprang up in bed as if someone had pushed a button. “I’m up, honey.” She quietly says to Jon, hearing that they are in the nursery.

Jon hands the baby to Beth and she latches right away. Beth sits back in bed, leaning against the head board. Jon uses the bathroom and returns after washing his hands. Sitting close to them on the bed, he reaches up and pushes some hair out of Beth’s eyes. She smiles at him. “That rub down was awesome, by the way.”

He covers his mouth, “Babe, I totally forgot. Well, I didn’t forget. Dani said something to me that took me off my game.”

“What did she say?” she sits up a little in the bed, having no idea what she could have said to prompt Jon to not touch her.

“She asked me what she needed to do to get a rubdown.” He’s a little embarrassed.

That made Beth laugh and her laughter startled McKenna a little bit, she jumped, and latched back on. She had fallen asleep in the warm comfort of her mommy. “What did you say?”

“I told her that she needed to be you.”

“Oh, good one. What did she say to that?”

“She said she was only playing, but I’m not so sure.”

“She was. She doesn't like you anymore. She’s always telling me that you’re a dick.”

“She says that about ME?”

Beth laughs again, “No, Jon. I’m only teasing you. Don’t worry about her though. She’s harmless and if she wasn't attracted to you, then I would be concerned.”

 
A huge shout out to Mary Ellen.  She saved the day!  Thanks girl.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure Dani is harmless. Glad Jon put her in her place right away, saying she would have to be Beth to get a rub down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Jon get a sense of humor! She's been with you guys for how long now?! If she hasn't come on to you until know she probably won't unless she's working for Dot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, I would be concerned if your best friend hit on your almost husband. She may have said it was a joke but, seriously? Hitting on your BF's BF???

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah that was a little weird I gotta say. I'd be concerned too. I love my friends & all but I don't want to come out of the shower & see my BFF chatting up my hubby that;s just too much in your face for me.
    I still don't trust her I mean if you think about it Jon & baby would be an already made family for her which she doesn't have at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't trust Dani one bit and neither should Beth! Mark my words Dani is nothing but trouble.

    ReplyDelete